Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Religious Quote List for 2014

                                                                +AMDG+


THE MASKED ANGEL:

With the new year come promises on how to improve yourself over the next 365 days, be it giving up smoking, losing weight, or accomplishing a lifetime goal. Often, people don't accomplish even a quarter of what they set out to do, and I blame that on how people perceive the best way to go about their goals. Many think they just have to go out and do it but they never consider how their lives would have to change before the goals can be reached.

As we speak, I have an extensive resolution list that might seem impossible for an ordinary man ( I think I'm up to 15 resolutions) but as the verse goes, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
As soon as I read that verse from St Paul, it dawned on me we also need motivation now and then to keep going.  So, to see me through the next year, I've put together ten sayings that I believe will best help me do what I want to accomplish:


1. "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."-St Jerome
2. “Act as if everything depended on you; trust as if everything depended on God.” -St Ignatius of Loyola
3.  "Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others." -St Augustine
4. "Love our Lady. And she will obtain abundant grace to help you conquer in your daily struggle."
--St. Josemaria Escriva
5.  “Outside the Church, there is no salvation."
6. “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.
But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now
mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.” 
― J.R.R. TolkienThe Lord of the Rings
7.  "It is a fundamental principle of social philosophy, fixed and unchangeable, that one should not withdraw from individuals and commit to the community what they can accomplish by their own enterprise and/or industry."-Pope Pius XI
8. “Compromise is a word found only in the vocabulary of those who have no will to fight.” 
― St. Josemaría Escrivá
9. "The rule of worship is the rule of faith."
10. "Of Mary there is never enough." - William Biersach

I'd like everyone to think on these quotes and get ready for the fight ahead. I know I will.

Happy New Year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment