Monday, January 27, 2014

Cut the Cable Cord….I Have.

                                                                 +AMDG+







THE MASKED ANGEL:

While I suspected the claims about Sean Hannity (even though I never considered him Catholic in the first place; notice at no point in the clip does he actually call the priest "Father") and O'Reilly gave up any claims of faith once his marriage failed, something else occurred to me:

Yes, the mainstream media is indeed dangerous to the Faith and yes, Fox News is better by comparison but since you pay for both out of your cable bill, what real difference does it make which one you watch? Don't they both get your money either way?

Now, let's take this a step further: consider for a moment what images and shows out there on cable are even more dangerous to the Faith then be more honest with yourself in asking which channels you actually watch.

My guess is with a cable package that includes at least 40 channels, the average cable subscriber watches only about 4 or 5 channels any given day. Is it any wonder then with so many unused channels, people complain about sky high cable bills each month?

Well, I've had enough of it. I'm tired of my hard earned money going to a company that misinterprets my bill payment as carte blanche to create filth. Why give more money to them when doing that makes me poorer in the process? Thanks to adjustments with the cable company, I've been able to cut my bill from 140 a month down to just 60 a month.

If anyone is interested in how I did it, I'll gladly make it a subject of a future blog entry, but for now, I declare this as one of several liberations from a world that thinks so little of me….a world that prefers atheists, even though atheists are idiots.


No comments:

Post a Comment