Saturday, October 1, 2016

10 Assumptions from Atheists I'm Sick of Hearing

                                                            +AJPM+

THE CATHOLIC HTOWNER:


1. "You must hate science."

Actually, I don't have any problems with science. I love science. I've loved it since I was little. This seems to feed into the bogus story of science and religion being at war, when no such war exists. Also, if Christians hate science, how come they keep winning Nobels in science?

2. "You must think the earth is only 6,000 years old."

I have no idea where this came from.
It can't be the Bible: it doesn't say how old the earth is, and it can't be implied either from the text.
It can't be the Catholic Church: they never issued any statement about the earth's age.
In fact, the only people I can find that use the 6,000 figure are Protestants who don't understand how to understand the time lapse in the seven days of Creation (here's a hint: there's no mentioned ending to day seven), and atheist morons who use the websites owned by said Protestants and think all Christians believe this.
Most Christians in fact DO NOT believe this. At best, only 18% might believe this, but that's about it. In other words, odds are good you'll never come across a Christian that believes this.

3. "You must be against evolution."

Yeah...I've never said I was against evolution. I've never implied it either. Again, the Catholic Church has never been against evolution but has issued a statement supporting the teaching. You'd be hard-pressed to find any Catholic school that doesn't teach evolution.

4. "You must be Republican."

Ok...this one is true but I still fail to see how they came up with it with so little evidence.

5. "You must not be that smart."

Considering I can see right through atheist garbage, can see their nonsense coming a mile away and the fact I've gone about three months without having any intelligent message from an atheist, I think it's safe to conclude I have more brains than all atheists put together.


As a perfect example, I've heard several atheists argue that Hitler must have been Catholic based solely on his claim of being one.
To that I say...so what?
I can put on a football jersey...that doesn't make me a quarterback.

6. "You must not know Christianity as much as atheists do."

On this point, atheists might have something. I don't know as much as they do...

I know a whole lot more.

For example, I know how many books are in the Bible, I know when the final list of biblical books was decided, I don't engage in alternative history theories not backed by scholars, and I don't make things up about Christian history either.

7. "You must be homophobic."

Yeah...there's no such thing as homophobia. No mental health text and no mental health governing body considers homophobia a valid fear.

As far as my view of gay people as a whole....If they had the sense to hire different bakers, and actually listened to scientific findings about sexuality and gender identity, maybe then I wouldn't have a problem with them.

At least when the Civil Rights Act passed, you didn't see black people being in your face about how black they are.

8. "You must have never questioned religion."

Actually, I did...but wound up questioning atheism more. After finding out how many things atheism got wrong or missed the point, I gave up atheism and returned to the faith my ancestors had.

9. "You must think I the atheist am going to hell."

Actually, I don't think that. That would be assuming I knew for a fact about your damnation...knowledge no human is meant to have. The truth is I am no more sure about someone's damnation than I am sure about my salvation, and I have not now nor will I ever say my salvation is a certainty.

10. "Don't you know religion will die out?"

Yeah...that's never going to happen. Atheists have been claiming that since at least the middle of the 19th century. It didn't come to pass then and it won't come to pass now or even by 2050.

No...it is atheism that will die out. Atheists aren't keeping pace with world population growth, they don't have as many kids and of the kids they do have, 7 out of 10 won't stay in atheism by the time they reach adulthood.

Just when I think atheists couldn't be more idiotic, they pull these out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment